Thursday, March 5, 2015

Sharing Project from Leadership....

Hello Stampers and Happy Thursday.
 
As many of you know that follow me on Facebook, it has been a horrific week for me...I've been having some water coming through a floor drain in my basement....I've been told it is due to our temperatures here in NEPA and that the drain probably doesn't drain into anything but the ground..so cold temperature and cold ground equals trouble....I finally got it capped off...although still makes me nervous cause I know what the pressure of water can do....
 
Anyhow...I didn't have a share project for you today and I didn't want to disappoint you when you traveled over to my blog today...so when something like this happens and I feel like I'm in an unproductive mode...I go back to things that I had learned at SU events, and when I came across the photos of this project created by our Cofounder and CEO of Stampin' Up! Shelli Gardner...it was like a lightbulb turned on....you will love this project....
 
Here is the completed card...notice the designer envelope as well :-)

 
So what Shellie did was cut a bunch of triangle-type shapes in coordinating colors.  Then on Whisper White Cardstock, she cut a circle out.....

 
Then beginning to layer on the triangles over the circle cut out.....

 
Then on the base front of the card cut out a larger circle and layered this over the decorated triangle/circle......

 
And you get this layered amazing look...decorate as you desire and that's it...what do you think?  Love it? 

 
What a great way to use up those scraps you have?  Okay...do you have scraps or am I the only one that saves everything?  You hear yourself thinking...I can do something with this and being I love the Stampin' Up! cardstock so much, I tend to not throw anything away!  Each little scrap, to me, seems like a golden nugget of goodness....lol
 
Well that's it for today peeps...I hope you try this technique....It is a lot of fun....
 
Have a super stampin' day!
 
Glitter Hugs!
 
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments/suggestions. I appreciate you visiting and letting me know what you think! Glimmer Hugs!

Easy Fun Cards With Zany Zoo