Monday, October 5, 2015

Herringbone Technique in White, Black and Gold

Sometimes the best laid out plans just don't seem to happen....ever feel this way?  Well this weekend was one of those weekends....I had plans on staying in (being we were having horrible weather) and celebrating World Card Making Day Saturday but there were twists and turns in my plans and hence, barely got anything stamped.....but did get a few things done later last evening, but never had time to take photos to share.....some quick shots for those of you subscribed to my Facebook Stampinsue....for those of you that are on FB......nonetheless....here we are Monday and nothing new to share with you. 

I'll have to dig deep in my past creations to share...I'm sure I'll find something....right?  :-)

This is a card that I created over a week ago when I hurt my hip/back.  I saw it online and thought it was quite a "wow".  It is a herringbone technique using our DSP that is cut in 1/2 inch strips.  You then layer them onto a piece of cardstock.  I was loving this DSP and wasn't sure how to use it and this was just the ticket. The stamp set and DSP are a part of our Winter Wonderland Collection.


 
The trees were stamped on our gold paper with Staz On...which is stunning.  I really cannot believe that it didn't photograph well, but you'll have to attend one of my events to see it in person!

 
Anyhow...it certainly is a step outside the box color scheme for the upcoming holidays....so hope you enjoy it as well...and give it a try!
 
Wonderland Wood-Mount Stamp Set by Stampin' Up!
Wonderland Wood-Mount Stamp Set 139752
Price: $23.00
Invite peace and serenity into your holiday season with pine-adorned cards and scrapbook pages. The images in this set add gentleness and beauty to any project.

Our classic wood-mount rubber stamps
* Have deeply etched images so you get a superior stamped impression each time.
* Are precut so you don't have to trim.
* Come with farmed-maple wood blocks—you don't need to buy blocks separately.
* Permanently mount on the blocks so they're ready to go when you are.
* Come packaged in cases with images on the spine for easy storage and quick reference.

Quantity: 6 rubber stamps.

Winter Wonderland Specialty Designer Series Paper by Stampin' Up!
more
Winter Wonderland Specialty Designer Series Paper 139588
Price: $13.00
Pick a pack of patterned paper! So many designs, so many colors, so many uses. Try out this paper that's the perfect blend of simple elegance and a luxurious touch of gold.

* 12 sheets, 2 each of 5 double-sided designs with metallic ink on one side; 1 each of 2 single-sided gold foil designs.
* 12" x 12" | 30.5 x 30.5 cm
* Acid free
* Lignin free

Coordinating colors: Basic Black, gold, Whisper White

 
 
Hope you have a super stampin' day!
 
Glimmer Hugs!
 
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments/suggestions. I appreciate you visiting and letting me know what you think! Glimmer Hugs!

Easy Fun Cards With Zany Zoo