Friday, August 10, 2012

Hello Stampers & Scrappers

HAPPY FRIDAY!

I am enjoying another day off from my full time day job (stamping/scrappin is so much more fun than my full time job)...anyhow..it's nice to have a break and enjoy and catch up.  Not doing any cleaning today either!  lol

I spent some time yesterday working on the ornament on the cover of our new Holiday Mini Catalog.  Don't you just love it?  Well, I thought it was difficult but with a little help from the Stampin' Up! home office and other demos, I was able to recreate it (my version).  I love the people at SU and also my demo friends....always willing to share!

Oka, well, here it is:

The ornament was created using our Ornament Keepsakes stamp set and coordinating Framelits - Holiday Ornaments.  A little bit of our stampin' tulle ribbon, some linen thread, a fauceted button and a pearl to finish it off.  I also used our Stampin' Spritzer filled with alcohol and our shimmer paint to add the desired glitter (hard to pick up on camera).

Interested in make one (or more) of these fun ornaments?  I will be teaching a class, so contact me to register.  You will love creating it and the simplicity and tips I have to share...amazing.

Here's another version of this ornament with a different twist.  I used our Designer Series Paper (DSP) also from the Holiday Mini Catalog (Snow Festival DSP - PG 10 - # 126908).  Our double sided paper is not only the best for scrapbooking, card making, but so cool to use on these ornaments.

I'm going to be creating more of these ornaments using our Big Shot Snow Flurry Bigz Die (pg 14 #127813).  I can see so many things to use these for besides on to hang on a tree.  How about giving a bottle of wine with this beautiful ornament embelishing it. Or how beautiful would this be decorating your packages this year?  I'm also gonna try making Halloween ornamnets.  How cool would that be welcoming your guests during the Halloween/Autumn time of the year?  The possibilities are endless.

Now....off to be more creative!  Happy Stampin'

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments/suggestions. I appreciate you visiting and letting me know what you think! Glimmer Hugs!

Easy Fun Cards With Zany Zoo