Saturday, August 18, 2012

Good Saturday Morning Stampers

What a beautiful morning here in PA....the air is cool and crisp, nice breeze and the sun is shinning....feels a bit like summer will soon be over....well...not wanting summer to be over, but the cooler temps feels so good....love to open the windows for a change!  :-)  LIFE IS GOOD!

I've had a few requests for my Cinnamon Walnuts that I prepared and shared with you from my last Totally Awesome Tuesday Class, so I figured I would just post them on my blog...for all to see.  They are really very quick, fun and make your house smell amazing...oh...they are delicious too!  lol

Here is a pic of one of the projects we'll be creating at Monday's Chevron Stamp Class with a little twist.  I inked up my Chevron Embossing Folder with black and then ran it through the Big Shot.  ....wouldn't the nuts look so wonderful putting into this little bag and giving them out as gifts to friends and relatives during the upcoming Halloween season or decorating for Thanksgiving/Christmas and a little gift on your dinner table with name tags for your guests...YUM-O

Here's the recipe:

Baked Cinnamon Walnuts (or nut of your choice)

350 degree oven - bake walnuts in oven for about 8-10 minutes (I use my Pampered Chef bar pan lined with parchment paper.You'll then incorporate the walnuts with the mixture and coat well. 

While they are baking in the oven, combine 1 cup sugar, 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 6 Tablespoons milk into a saucepan.  Stir for about 8 minutes...be sure to keep a watch on this and continue stirring as it will foam up and boil over.  Remove from heat and then stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla.  Mix the nuts with the mixture and coat well. I then reuse the same parchment paper and spread walnuts separating with a fork. Allow to cool.  You can store them in an airtight container ( I love Lock 'n Lock containers - the best!).  That's it...easy peasy!






I'd like to share another pic of the projects


Here is another one of the projects using our Chevron Embossing Folder and many other fun embelisshments.  The picture doesn't give the card justice...so much prettier in person, but beautiful card.  I think black/white is so classy...no matter what the occasion.  Just change out the sentiment and you can have a variety of possibilities!









One final picture...I love this card....sometimes I find it difficult to create a masculine card....well this one is perfect...no matter what age.  It is a faux technique - Faux Metal and it uses something we all have in our kitchens (unless you ran out of it like I usually do).  Quick, simple and I love it!




Well, guess I should get out of my jammies/robe and start doing some housework...that never seems to be done...Remember...stamp class on Monday.  Class is $15 or FREE with an order placed the night of class ($25 minimum).

Enjoy your Saturday!  Happy Stampin'

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments/suggestions. I appreciate you visiting and letting me know what you think! Glimmer Hugs!

Easy Fun Cards With Zany Zoo