Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Borderline Buddies is Back!

Guess what day it is?


It's been like a yo yo around here and our Borderline Buddies...between myself and Leanna....poor Leanna had a leg injury and also had been battling illness after illness....so she not only took a leap forward but she challenged me....this week's challenge is using Baby Wipes and stamping!

This has been an old technique that I used years ago...guess what's old is new again....so for those of you that have and/or haven't heard of this technique...it's either a WOW or a "yeah...I forgot about that". 

All you need for this technique is baby wipes (non alcohol are usually the ones I have on hand) and also our reinker bottles...they aren't just for reinking anymore!  woo hoo!

Just make yourself a makeshift stamp pad of a few wipes folded over and then take your reinkers (I usually use three) and just drop them onto the wipes.  What will happen is they will spread somewhat.  There are a few different things you can do.  You can take your stamp and stamp onto the baby wipe and then onto your surface or you can take your makeshift pad right to the cardstock.  You can swipe, dab, apply in circles or anything you want. 

 
In this top card, I used glossy cardstock. We don't sell it anymore but I had some left from when it retired.  I simple used the stamp from the stamp set Polka Dot Pieces.  I am loving this set.  I have the clear set and it's number is #129708. 

 
Here is a close up of the butterflies. I used a swiping technique on another piece of glossy and allowed it to dry and them stamped the butterfly from the same stamp set, allowed it to dry and then punched it out with the butterfly punch.  I added it to the cardstock using Stampin' Dimensionals. 

 
On this sample, I used our Whisper White cardstock. I really didn't see a difference.  The flower was stamped with Staz On onto Melon Mambo CS. 

 
Here's a close up of the beautiful flower baby wipe technique.  The color reinkers I used were Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight and Tempting Turquoise.  After taking the stamp to the baby wipe and then to the CS and back again, I didn't take time to clean after each stamping.  I just reinked it again with the baby wipe.  Do you notice how the colors started mixing causing the "green" with the inks mixing together?
 
If you haven't tried this technique, you must!
 
Now hop on over to Leann's web site to see what she has created for you!
 
 
Have a wonderful stampin' day!
 
Susan
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments/suggestions. I appreciate you visiting and letting me know what you think! Glimmer Hugs!

Easy Fun Cards With Zany Zoo