Friday, May 16, 2014

Stepping outside of your comfort zone.....

Hello and Happy Friday!

I had a wonderful night out last evening with friends, Nancy, Sandy and Fred.  Nancy invited me to a local new business in my area, Art 'N Vino....yup.....I took a painting class.  Now I am no where near a painter (thus my newly painted picture will prove), but what a fun night out.  I think I found a new outlet, besides stamping. 

Now, of course, stamping is my first love but sometimes we need to venture out of our comfort zone and try something new.  Here's what I painted....Beach Houses....makes me want to travel to the beach...what do you think?  Nice comments.....please.....lol

 
I'm already looking forward to my next Picasso class.....lol...okay....baby steps.
 
So this brings me to the point of venturing out of your comfort zone....when was the last time you did?  Well....peeps...it's time.
 
Now is the time to venture out to attend one of my upcoming classes/events.  With the new catalog year at Stampin' Up! quickly approaching, it's time for you to take the baby steps and come along and give it a try....we all deserve and need to have an evening/day out and experience something that uplifts you and makes you feel good....well, I have just what you are looking for....hop on over to my demonstrator web site (tab at the side bar) and treat yourself to a fun few hours of creativity..I did and I feel like a million bucks to see what I have done!  It's cheaper than therapy!
 
Okay....cannot close without a sample (or two)
 
Here's what my stamp club created at this month's get together.  I am loving this idea..I got this idea from Dawn G.  I love her samples and she is so inspirational. 

 
The second project we created were these fun flowers using Stampin' Up! Filter Paper and punched out.  They were then stapled together, scrunched and using our Stampin' Spritzers and alcohol and reinkers, we spritzed our flowers to add color.  Can you guess what our fun flowers were put into?  Okay...give up?  Salt/pepper shakes (from the Dollar store)....yup....lovin it and we then used fringe scissors using our retired Gumball Green cardstock, scrunched and then put into the bottom of the shaker container for filler. 

 
I love them!  What do you think?  Feel free to leave me comments.
 
Have a super stampin' day!
 
Susan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments/suggestions. I appreciate you visiting and letting me know what you think! Glimmer Hugs!

Easy Fun Cards With Zany Zoo