Sunday, August 24, 2014

Work of Art Meets Lovely As A Tree

When coming up with something new to create and I'm at a loss......where do I go?  Pinterest!

Yes....sometimes even being a demonstrator....I get creative blocks, but that's the great part of being a member of the Stampin' Up! Community....the outlets for us demonstrators are limitless!  So I came across this during some of my Pinterest browsing!

The stamp set, Lovely As A Tree is a staple in my stamp collection.  When I attended one of our demonstrator stampin' events, our Cofounder and CEO of the company, Shelli Gardner was on stage and told us that this stamp set will never retire...I usually say...never say never...but it's still here!  It's great for male cards, female cards, just because...where you get it...covers all needs in papercrafting!

 
We sometimes get stumped on what to do with these bold images....so the "swoosh" which I refer to it in the Work of Art stamp set is just what you need....using a few basic colors from our new In Color selection as well as the words...I didn't stamp directly onto the tree, I did a "stamp off" technique where you ink up, stamp onto a scrap piece of paper and then stamp onto your project...kind of makes it not so bright but a bit more subtle.

 
I added just a scrap of our burlap ribbon...and the button was colored with our Blendabilities Markers.  The piece of twine wasn't even threaded through the button...no worries there...all I did was double knot the twine and used a glue dot to stick it to the button!  Voila!

 
Here's a closer look of the "coloring" technique I used. 


 
Now....head on into your stash of stamps and see what would nicely work together...you'd be surprised on what you find!
 
Have a Super Stampin' Day!
 
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments/suggestions. I appreciate you visiting and letting me know what you think! Glimmer Hugs!

Easy Fun Cards With Zany Zoo