Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Borderline Buddies Day

 
It's yet another Borderline Buddies Day!
 
Welcome to my stampin' blog...whether you are an established customer or this is your first time here to visit...welcome!
 
Those of you new to my blog might be wondering what Borderline Buddies is...well..let me explain...
 
A few years ago I met a wonderful friend at a Stampin' Up! Event (online through a demonstrator group).  Well we set a date and time to meet at one of our Demonstrator Events and it was friendship ever since...although she is clear over the other side of the country and even another country...Canada...we keep in touch on almost a daily basis....she is a wonderful mother, wife and of course Stampin' Up! demonstrator. We have grown so close...and we knew when we first met this was going to be a life long friendship for us both....So it was Leanna's idea to start a challenge to each other and include it on our blogs...at first we weren't sure it was going to work or even be something we would stick with but gosh....how long has it been we have been doing this?  Just seems like yesterday...so that means we have been having a ball sharing and challenging each week to each other as well as sharing with all of you!  I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
 
So this week's challenge...I'm already thinking Retirement List...how about you?
Well, be ready as it is coming...SOON!  April 21st the list comes out and already the anticipation and excitement is in the stampin' air....as we already know our 2013-2015 In Colors will be retiring...so don't wait..take advantage of the FREE SHIPPING this week and stock up on those soon to be retired In Colors and accessories NOW!  So to help you along, I challenged Leanna to be creative using the colors...no special subject...just focus on these colors.
 
Well...I was scurrying about to come up with something...and I saw my Paper Pumpkin Kit for March lying on the bottom shelf of my desk...so I figured I would incorporate the two....
 
So here is what I have created for this week's challenge:
 
I never seem able to come up with one to share...so I did do three different cards incorporating Paper Pumpkin as well as the In Color Challenge...here's what I have to share!
 
First off....I was just going to use our Stampin' Black Marker to make the faux stitches on the "YOU", but then I didn't like it so I decided to cross stick over the top of it....and here's what it came out like...I like it....it gives a bold outline to the word YOU and also incorporates the yellow thread included in the kid.
 
 
I added the included epoxy sticker in the kit as well as our Stampin' Dimensionals to raise up the Thank You image....they also are included in the kit!

 
Here's another card...doing some cutting as well as some sewing...changed it up from the previous one and the suggested card from SU...thought it gave it a totally different look...not to mention using the In Colors.  I used the embroidery thread to tie a simple bow....
 
 
I love how the epoxy heart sticker matches the cardstock.....the new look these days is mix matching patterns...so I thought it was a fun look...and I never seem to have enough Thank You cards these days...so many wonderful people I need to thank daily in my life....

 
Now let's head on over to Canada and see what Leanna's created for this week's challenge....
 
 
 
Have a super stampin' day!
 

Glitter Hugs!
 
Susan
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments/suggestions. I appreciate you visiting and letting me know what you think! Glimmer Hugs!

Easy Fun Cards With Zany Zoo