Wednesday, May 6, 2015

It's Wednesday....and you know what day it truly is....

 
Well...it's Wednesday.....you know what day it is, right?
It's Borderline Buddies Day....
 
It's the day where my BFF Leanna and I challenge each other with a specially designed card based on a certain subject.....it was my turn this week...I was so lost as to what to do...but I thought of doing a color challenge....I challenged Leanna to come up with something using three of her favorite colors....what colors do you think she chose?
 
Well...wait no more.....let's see what she has chosen.....
 
 
Me?  What colors did I chose?
Well....you cannot go wrong with Whisper White and Basic Black and add a splash of Real Red!
Wowsie!
 
That's my color chose this week....and here's what I came up with:
 
 
I've been seeing these cute little paper purses everywhere...so I didn't want you to be left out....so I created one as well.  A demo, Linda Bauwin had a video posted on the Stampin' Up! Board. I thought oh boy....this is going to be hard....so when I planned on creating one...I figured I had better cut out double....in case of mistakes....but guess what?  No mistakes....her directions were super simple and she said how easy they were and she was not kidding!

 
The best part is that our Designer Series Paper is double sided...so the inside is just as decorative as the outside.....

 
This flower was created simply with our scallop punches....I cut the "petals" and just smooshed (yes...that's a technical word) together and used glue dots to adhere it.  The leaves were just cut from an old flower punch that has since retired, but you can use any other leaf  type punch.

 
And there you have it!
I have to say...I am addicted to making these....I have an event coming up and shhhhh...but because I had to complete my addiction, I think I'll have one for everyone!  Don't tell them....okay?
 
Well hope you enjoyed this week's challenge...I cannot wait to see what Leanna challenges me for next week!
 
Happy Stampin!  Glimmer Hugs!
 
Susan
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments/suggestions. I appreciate you visiting and letting me know what you think! Glimmer Hugs!

Easy Fun Cards With Zany Zoo