Wednesday, August 5, 2015

All a Flutter with Butterflies......

 
It's another Borderline Buddies Day!
 
Don't you think we would end out of challenges?  Nope!  Never!
 
It was Leanna's week to chose the challenge....and her challenge was a Technique Challenge.
 
Let's see what she has created this week:
 
 
Everyone loves techniques and there are so many techniques out there...some new...some old...but never forgotten.....such as the technique which I chose to share with you...
 
Emboss Resist
 
I'll never forget the first time I saw embossing...I was amazed and was in love....
 
With my challenge today, I had to use the Swallowtail...I absolutely love this huge stamp...and techniques are perfect to showcase using this stamp....it's the size of a card front....and simply stunning.   So here's what I have for you:
 
 
The steps to create this card are so simple...I chose which color cardstock I wanted to create with (couldn't decide so I did a few)....Used my Embossing Buddy over card front.  The stamped the Swallowtail with Versamark.  I then poured on White Embossing Powder....shook off the excess (and put back into the jar like it never seems to run low) and then heat set with my heat tool.  I then used a sponge and the same color ink pad as the cardstock and then burnished over the top of the butterfly and a little bit around the image as well.  The ink will not stick to the embossed image and resist but it does go into all the details of the stamp and makes a stunning card.  The sentiment can either be stamped using Versamark (as it works as a watermark) or the same color ink you used to sponge. 

 
I just loved this technique....too fun!

 
We will be creating this card at my upcoming class on 8/13/15...so if you are interested, please RSVP now...or take my Class On The Go Option!
 
Have a super stampin' day!
 
Glimmer Hugs!
 
Susan
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments/suggestions. I appreciate you visiting and letting me know what you think! Glimmer Hugs!

Easy Fun Cards With Zany Zoo