Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Borderline Buddies Wednesday Share

 
It's another Borderline Buddies Wednesday
 
Thanks for stopping in....as you know this month Leanna and I have been focusing on techniques and/or Easter....which, I hope you had a wonderful Easter....enjoyed your time with family and didn't eat too much chocolate!  :-)
 
First, let me share with you my tablescape from Easter.
 
I did these cute little Easter bunny napkins for each place setting...aren't they cute?
 
 
And..here's a little picture of my Easter table....all ready for my family to come and enjoy the holiday with me....it was a bit hectic but great fun....especially the egg hunt :-)

 
Next Wednesday....you'll want to make sure to come by....Leanna and I are going to have a special treat for you....but I'm not going to spoil the fun just yet.....just stop on by!
 
 
Lets see what Leanna has to share this final Wednesday of this month:
 
 
Now...onto my technique to share with you...
 
I have been seeing a lot of butterflies lately....not in person...not yet...but online...so I grabbed an oldie but a goodie....Swallowtail Butterfly...it's a huge background stamp....and quite a beauty....so I figured I would do a bit of Emboss Resist for you this week.....
 
What is emboss resist?
Well...it's basically easy to do...but quite dramatic....here's what I created for you:
 
I first started with Whisper White cardstock, used my Embossing Buddy over the CS (so embossing powder wouldn't stick where it shouldn't) and then stamped the butterfly with White Craft Ink.  I used the White Embossing Powder over the inked image and then used my heat gun to emboss with.  I allowed it to set for a minute or two...to cool down.
 
 
Next...using our Stampin' Sponges (cut into wedges so you get quite a lot of little wedges)
The colors I used to sponge over the embossed image were:  Crushed Curry, Elegant Eggplant and Cherry Cobbler....sponging over the previous colors not only helps fill in, but it also helps blend the colors together.....


 
The Congrats stamp came from the Party Pants Sale-A-Bration stamp set (only two days left to get this stamp set for free) stamped in Staz On Black and then punched out with the Washi Label Punch and also sponged using Elegant Eggplant.

 
So...there you go....fun, huh?
Now go and give it a try....and be sure to share with me!
 
Have a super stampin' day!
 
Glimmer Hugs!
 
Susan
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments/suggestions. I appreciate you visiting and letting me know what you think! Glimmer Hugs!

Easy Fun Cards With Zany Zoo