Thursday, March 17, 2016

Drapery Fold Card Design


Have you been to my Events Page?
 
I have added a few new types of classes....and one....which is tomorrow....is....
 
Coffee and a Card (or two).
 
When you attend my classes, we usually stamp a bunch of cards and envelopes....but sometimes you would like to learn new techniques, or maybe a card that is a bit more involved or may take a little extra time....but really packs a punch!
 
Well, that's just what this new monthly class is going to be....more involved, techniques, products, etc.  Each month will be something different and something that you can add to your stampin' experience.....so today..I'll share with you one of the cards which we will be making....and surprise...tomorrow...I will share with you the other card...yes...I have two cards planned for this month!
 
Woo Hoo!
 
This fun card is called a drapery card.....the bottom portion of this card is scored and folded and resembles drapes....something that was a blast from the past...as I'm not sure how many people still hang draperies in their home....but it brings back memories for me.....
 
My mom use to hang those heavy draperies in our house along with those nasty sharp hooks...I even remember hanging drapes in my home...many years ago...and they usually were dry clean too!  Dry clean?  Yes....who even does dry clean anymore?  lol
 
 
Anyhow....we will be creating this fun fold card on Friday....and using some of the SAB paper, Wildflower Fields and SAB coordinating stamp set, Flowering Fields...both of which you can get for FREE with each $50 purchase....so for $100 in SU supplies, you can get a pack of DSP and stamp set, your choice of wood or clear!  Woo Hoo!

 
I used the large circle punch and punched out a coordinating circle and stamped on the Whisper White Circle and colored with Aquapainters and our Stampin' Makers.

 
Here is a close up of the drapery fold....it's super simple...and I cannot wait to show you how it's done!
 
Seating is limited...so be sure to contact me if you would like to join us on Friday!
 
Have a super stampin' day!
Glimmer Hugs!
 
Susan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments/suggestions. I appreciate you visiting and letting me know what you think! Glimmer Hugs!

Easy Fun Cards With Zany Zoo