Friday, March 18, 2016

Come and Zentangle With Me!


 
Yippee!  It's Friday!  We made it!
 
It's also the night of my first in a series of Coffee & A Card (or Two) Class!
 
This class is going to be so much fun...I shared with you yesterday the Drapery Fold...did you see it?  If not....when you are done here, you'll want to go back and see that fun card (or come to class tonight and make them both).
 
So when I was thinking...what would be a super fun card to share with everyone....along with the Drapery Fold Class...something for each stamper to bring out their personality...something that is a bit simple...but a bit off the wall as well!
 
Well, this card came to mind....it was a card I had made in the past but every time I see it, it makes me smile....and is really striking.
 
This technique is called Zentangle.
 
Here's what I found out about it online.....
The Zentangle Method is an easy-to-learn, relaxing, and fun way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.

Almost anyone can use it to create beautiful images. It increases focus and creativity, provides artistic satisfaction along with an increased sense of personal well being. The Zentangle Method is enjoyed all over this world across a wide range of skills, interests and ages.

We believe that life is an art form and that our Zentangle Method is an elegant metaphor for deliberate artistry in life.

So...how is it done?

Simple.

I stamped using the Black Ink pad and The Blended Bloom stamp...it's a single stamp....originally created for watercoloring...but we are taking it to a whole different level.

Here's my Zentangle Card....
 
 
All you have to do is to use a fine point maker (I used the Project Life Marker) and doodle inside the stamped image....Some of the areas I filled in with black and then different types of doodling...there is nothing wrong in this fun technique.

 
I love it....and I cannot wait to see your card you create at class.  Don't get yourself stuck in purchasing all those coloring type books for adults.
 
Create your own doodle work with this fun Zentalge Method!


 
It's super fun!
Let me know if you would like to attend class or host a private class of your own and we can all get into the art of Zentangle!
 
Blended Bloom Wood-Mount Stamp Set by Stampin' Up!
 
Blended Bloom Wood-Mount Stamp Set 135906
Price: $12.00
This flower is gorgeous on its own, but put your watercoloring or blending abilities behind it, and you'll have a bloom as beautiful as the real thing.

Our high-quality wood-mount rubber stamps are precut and come with farmed-maple wood blocks. Mount these precut stamps permanently on the blocks, and they're ready to go when you are. Our premium red rubber will last for years and give a superior stamped impression each time. The stamps come packaged in cases with images on the spine for easy storage and quick reference.

Quantity: 1 rubber stamp. Wood block included.
 
Have a super stampin' Day!
 
Glimmer Hugs!
 
Susan
 

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments/suggestions. I appreciate you visiting and letting me know what you think! Glimmer Hugs!

Easy Fun Cards With Zany Zoo