Yeah! The heatwave has broken (for now anyhow)....it was nice to be able to sit on my porch last evening and breathe in some fresh air....and also open the windows...missed hearing the birds at 3:30 a.m. too! lol Looks like it is shaping up to be a nice weekend...hopefully will get over to Riverfest today and tomorrow in Wilkes-Barre...didn't go over last night. My grandson wasn't feeling well (think he has his first set of teeth coming in) and with the threat of another T-storm, didn't want to have to get caught in that and venture walking home in it. Sure was a doozy storm we had yesterday afternoon!
I thought I would share with you two of the other projects we created at class on Thursday night using Betsy's Blossoms. Did I tell you how much I love this stamp set? :-)
This pic didn't come out so well with my i-phone (sorry) but I used the coordinating DSP with Betsy's Blossoms on the bottom of the white and added Daffodil Delight ribbon...easy way to attach the ribbon...cut a piece to just wrap around to the back and then cut a small piece to tie onto that piece for the knot...easy===peasy.....I stamped the stem using Gumball Green and the bird I used Rich Razzleberry. We also incorporated the Stamp-A-Ma-jig to make sure the bird was placed directly where we wanted it..another tip....instead of using the plastic sheet that comes along with the positioner, I cut a small piece of vellum cardstock and stamp on that using a permanent ink and then I keep this with the stamp set....so each time I want to use the positioner, that step in doing so is eliminated and makes it so much more quicker and easier to use. Love it! All of that was then mounted to Gumball Green cardstock.
I thought I had a pic of the final card we made, but looking for it, I guess I didn't but we did using our coordinated Stampin' Around Wheel on the background of Primrose Petals using the same ink. We also used a layer of Basic Grey, Summer Starfruit and Whisper White. Stamped the bird using Basic Grey onto a scrap of WW 2x...cutting out the bird and cutting out an extra wing which was adhered to the bird using dimensionals. Stem stamped on WW using Summer Starfruit and the smaller flower stamped with Primrose Petals and a saying using Teeny Tiny Wishes and punches, Word Window and Modern Layer punch adhered with dimensionals...cute card...although I had some mumbling about having to cut the bird out and not being able to punch it...we are so spoiled with Stampin' Up!'s coordinated punches! I feel cutting out is so relaxing, but not all feel like I do :-)
Being I don't have another stampin' sample...how about one of my grandson? NSR
Well I hope you enjoy your day...was playing around yesterday after work using our new Stampin' Spritzer, Shimmer Paint and Paper Daisies....hmmm....think an upcoming class is in the future (hint - July)....love it and so much fun to play! :-)
Happy Stampin' Susan
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comments/suggestions. I appreciate you visiting and letting me know what you think! Glimmer Hugs!