Saturday, May 17, 2014

I confess....

Hello Stampers, Scrappers and Creative Peeps......
 
Okay...I must confess....I am a hoarder...okay...there...I did it! 
 
I'm sure you are thinking oh boy!  She has done it again!  Well, I admit that I love paper...any kind of Stampin' Up! paper...there is no other kind, right?  :-)   I have so much paper but never seem to have the "right" one at the time, the right size, the right color, the right one for the project I'm creating...or maybe, it's because I don't want to use it? 
 
I have been collecting so much paper that I decided to take the plunge and when my daughter was over looking through my stampin' and scrappin' supplies, I gave her a whole shelf unit filled with 12 x 12 papers....and okay...I still have a lot left...shhhh...I couldn't give it all away!  lol
 
Okay...so what to do with all this beautiful wonderful paper?  How about Mixed Media?  Have you heard of this?  It is basically taking pieces of paper, laces, ribbons, buttons and all sorts of embellishments and being creative making it into hangable art and since my art class on Thursday, I have been inspired to allow my creativity to show....so...here's what I came up with (with a bit of help from Pinterest).


I basically took a piece of 12 x 12 DSP as my background, sponged some color to the background and pulled out a ton of punches and a lot of my retired DSP and CS and went to town.  OMG....it was so much fun and became so addictive that I started another one after this one....
 
Staying up until 2 a.m. sounded like a great idea...until...Minnie decided at 7 a.m. it was time to go to the bathroom and have her breakfast and other morning activities (except now I am up and she is snoring under her blanket next to me)...lol...gotta love her!
 
Anyhow...dig out your supplies and be creative.  I cannot wait to share with you future projects...and was thinking what great gifts these would make for the holidays.....taking my much loved supplies and creating something fun to share with loved ones and friends!
 
Hope you have a beautiful stampin' day!
 
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments/suggestions. I appreciate you visiting and letting me know what you think! Glimmer Hugs!

Easy Fun Cards With Zany Zoo