Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Technique Boutique Tuesday

Hello Stampers!
 
Happy Tuesday.

When trying to decide what to share with you today, I figured the projects from this month's Technique Boutique Class.....what fun we are having at this monthly class.  There is still time to get yourself into the Boutique...as I host this class the first Sunday of each and every month....

Together I will take you step by step through the techniques....each stamper will create a card using the technique along with a sample card which you will then have the technique on the front and the typed out directions on how the technique was done for future reference...fun, huh?  You Betcha!

Okay...onward to this month's technique.

I got this idea from Frenchie...who is an amazing stamper...I think she did a great job on her video showcasing this technique...I called it Coloring Vellum with Blendability Markers.....

The Butterfly Thinlits are amazing...and from another demonstrator I learned the best way to have the framlits release from the cardsock is making a layer sandwich of Magnet Plate, Acrylic Plate, 2-3 layers of unused dryer sheets, then your cardstock, framlit on top and final layer is the acrylic plate. When you use this method, the Thinlit releases very easily from the cardstock.  A layer of vellum cardstock is cut to cover the back of the framlit and we used the Blendability Markers to color onto the back of the vellum....thus making a beautiful soft image...love this card!  What do you think?

 
Our next technique was the Bokeh Technique.....which seems to be all the range these days.
Loving this technique...not much to explain...just some simple sponging of color onto Whisper White...then made a template using our acrylic window sheets (or you can use the Vellum CS or regular CS).  Then using a Sponge Dauber and our Craft Whisper White ink dauber into the punched template you created (I used circles for this card)....and that's it!  Simple but a really striking card!

 
I hope this inspires you to create some of these cards on your own and if you do, please be sure to share them with me and I'll post them onto my blog...better yet...register for next month's class and come and create your own...
 
Oh...most importantly, I provide a blinder ring and we punch holes into the technique cards and put them onto the ring....then you can refer back to the technique (along with some tips which I also include)...and be ready to start your collection of technique cards!
 
Have a Super Stampin' Technique Day!
 
Glitter Hugs!
 
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments/suggestions. I appreciate you visiting and letting me know what you think! Glimmer Hugs!

Easy Fun Cards With Zany Zoo