Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Watercolor Thanks....

Hello Stampers!
 
I don't know about you, but I never seem to have enough cards to thank people.  In this crazy world of ours, there are so many positive and wonderful people that outweigh the bad...and we need to take a few moments to stamp up a few cards and send them to those we love and those we are so thankful for....so when I saw this card idea posted on the Stampin' Up! web site (as well as a video) I needed to make it right away...with a few tweaks of my own.
 
It's very simple to recreate...first off....when was the last time you did a little embossing?
Oh my gosh..I forgot how much fun embossing was..I need to do it more!
 
The "Thanks" was embossed first onto Whisper White using VersaMark and our White Embosing Powder.  Then I did a wash of color over it...using our Aquapainters and our ink pads...if you close the lid and squeeze the lid when you open it it will create a little well of ink onto the inside lid.  Or..making your job even easier, just squeeze a few drops of reinker onto the inside lid.  I had to do this twice as it made a light color at first and I wanted it a little deeper once it dried.
I then used the aquapainter to paint in the letters to make it even bolder. 
I also used a piece of doily to give it a more feminine look as well as some silver Baker's twine (that was from a previous Paper Pumpkin) that I had left over from one of the kits. 

 
I used Washi tape along the bottom of the Thanks piece of CS and I used Stampin' Dimensionals to raise up the words

 
And that is that!
Simple...but stunning....I'll be sending out my March Thank You cards soon...so if you placed an order through me during the month of March, you might just get one of these cards or one of the other cards I have previously focused on during this month! (hint...hint).....
 
Now go do some watercolor washing...and don't forget to share with me your ideas.
Please send me what you have been stamping and if I post your cards, everyone will see what you have been doing as well...dontcha get tired of just seeing my work?
 
 
 For being you Stamp Set SET OF 4 Wood  139117
 Coordinates with Hearts Border Punch (AC p. 222)Clear  139120 FREE!
 
Now make it a good stampin day!
 
Glitter Hugs!
 
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments/suggestions. I appreciate you visiting and letting me know what you think! Glimmer Hugs!

Easy Fun Cards With Zany Zoo