Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Pinecones, pinecones and more pinecones!

 
It's Borderline Buddies Wednesday!
 
How is your day going?  I hope stopping by here helps brighten up your day!
 
This week was my turn to challenge Leanna....and we decided we would focus on Christmas for the rest of the year....after all....next week is already Thanksgiving in the USA and Christmas comes so quickly....so....are you starting to work on your projects yet?  If not, you have come to the right place/places.....My challenge this week was for a Christmas ornament.
 
Let's jump on up to Canada and see what Leanna has to share this week
 
 
Now....I cannot wait to share with you my ornaments this week.  I created these for an upcoming craft show....I only sold a few but I think they are really unique.....and fun....
 
These are pinecones......they are created with an egg Styrofoam base.  All I did was cut 3 inch squares...then fold them to a point and either use hot glue or straight pins and layer on the folded pieces. 
 
 
With this ornament, I used Chocolate Chip ink and lightly sponged the Designer Series Paper. 

 
I topped it off with leaves cut with the framelits....first stamped and then run through the Big Shot.

 
You start off on the bottom of the egg and work your way around and up to the top.

 
These are for the glamorous trees....added leaves cut from Gold Glimmer Paper

 
This one uses metallic gold/back striped paper.
 
So....what do you think?  Thumbs Up?  Thumbs Down?
 
I think they can make your tree quite elegant or give it a woodsy feeling...depending on what type of Designer Series Paper you are using.
 
If you have any questions, just let me know....or book an upcoming get together and we can create them....they make a great add on to the top of holiday gifts as well!
 
Hope you have a super stampin' day!
 
Glimmer Hugs!
 
Susan
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments/suggestions. I appreciate you visiting and letting me know what you think! Glimmer Hugs!

Easy Fun Cards With Zany Zoo