Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Creative Gift Bag Challenge this week!

It's Another Borderline Buddies Wednesday
 
 
 
It's another Borderline Buddies and we are still in the theme of Christmas....and this week was Leanna's turn to chose the challenge.....and her choice was a Christmas gift bag.
 
Let's take a look at her blog and see what she has created:
 
 
So....I have to admit....this wasn't easy for me.....or I just seemed to put it off until last minute....yes...I can blame the holidays, the shopping, the decorating, the...... well, you get it...but I have to be honest, this wasn't one of my favorites...and they usually are my favorites....no matter what....so, last night...I remembered that today was Wednesday (I'm a bit off as I had yesterday off for doctor visit, blood work, flu shot, etc.). It was also the weekend for my annual cookie swap and some cooking, decorating cookies, and lots of running....I love hosting this event, but I have to admit....it's a lot of work....but so much fun!
 
Anyhow.....sorry for rambling...just trying to give excuses why I put this challenge off until last night...hey...these things happen....even to us demonstrators.
 
So....I looked around my disastrous craft room and what did my wandering eyes see....but leftovers!
 
Yes......even in crafting we have leftovers....Last week I used the kits for making the shaker cards and after the kit is created, you have leftovers from the kit.....so I added a kraft bag (which I found on the back of the shelf) and the remainders of the kit after creating it....and I got.....well.....THIS! 
 
 
I have to be honest.....as I also went through my swap cards and came across this card front which I received from the Baltimore Regional.....so...I remember from years ago when creating gift bags, making the "no peeking" bag.....so all I did was take a piece of cardstock, Cucumber, and score at 5 1/2, then cut a slit in the top and this covers the top of your bag...making it "no peeking".

 
The green circles were leftovers as were the large stars (adhesive already on them) and the little stars were the self adhesive stars as well....I used my own start punch to punch out the medium stars from yes....the leftovers around the large stars on the sheet. 



 
The little striped bow was left over from my reindeer which I had made last week.

 
I think, all in all, I did pretty good.....first, I used up parts if the kit that would have been thrown away....and I also cleaned up my desk using them and finally completed my challenge, just under the wire!

 
I used a small piece of ribbon laying around to create this tied on bow as well as our Gold Sequins!

 
I hope my project helps you be inspired to use up the leftovers.....as you can see....what a cute project you can create from supplies that have made their way into the trash!
 
Hope you have a super stampin' day!
 
Glimmer Gold Hugs!
 
Susan
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments/suggestions. I appreciate you visiting and letting me know what you think! Glimmer Hugs!

Easy Fun Cards With Zany Zoo