Friday, December 18, 2015

Friday, Friday.....Friday! Yippee!

HAPPY FRIDAY!
 
Wowsie......one more week and we will be celebrating the joyous holiday of Christmas....can you believe it?  I don't. 
 
I think a lot has to do with the strange weather we have been having here in NE PA.....it's been very mild.....usually in the 50's and 60's but there is a cold "day" coming...yes....just one.....while I am not complaining at all about the mild weather, it kind of doesn't feel like Christmas. 
 
I'm looking forward to seeing a few flurries tomorrow as my grandson, Travis and I will be baking cookies tomorrow....we are going to have our pizza party tonight and a sleepover and tomorrow....all the fun will begin.....I'm looking forward to this....and I'm sure he will have a great time as well.  I'm sure Sunday I will be not be able to get out of bed.....but it is going to be so fun.  I'm hoping this to become a yearly tradition now that he is at the age of being able to actually help out.....we will see what he thinks!
 
Do you have any "traditions" you do?  I'd love to hear them.
 
I have to say that sending out cards is another yearly Christmas tradition.....while my list has been cut down just due to cost, I think a lot has to do with social media.   In the past few years I have cut down my card sending from way over 100 to probably about 45....I think a great idea is to send Happy New Year cards....and for those that I didn't get a Christmas card out to....the new year card might be a great way to send out.  I was once told, which always sticks with me,...... sending a card to someone is like giving a hug.....with a fold in the middle......that will always stick to me with each and every lick of the envelope and card I send....how about you?
 
Below are the cards from my last card class of the year, Pinterest Inspired Cards...I love Pinterest and what a great place to go for inspiration....but this time.....took the ideas right from the web site...
 
 
I love the cardinal....this is a great stamp set to use all winter long....and if you do a little trimming on the top of his head, you can create just about any bird changing colors, etc. 

 
These trees a truly Festive......Loved this lay out and the coordinating punch makes them easy peasy to create....this is a 2-step stamp where you stamp the trees and then with a different stamp and color...the little ornaments....cute?  You betcha!
 

 
I love, love, love this DSP, Home for Christmas....and going to miss it...while the picture doesn't do this card justice, I used a 2-way glue pen to add Dazzling Diamons over the trees....it is very striking.

 
Still continuing with the same DSP, you gotta have Santa on a card, right?  This little layer of DSP and some layering of Real Red CS....and a few embelishments of Enamel Dots....and ribbon....voila...quick, quick, quick!
 

 
Finally....black and white.....classic colors....as well as some Winter Wonderland DSP....the background of white and trees is DSP....just a little layering for the sled and fussy cutting the skates and dimensionals...voila....done!
 
So those are a few final ideas for you to whip up a few last minute cards.....
I have created so many items this holiday season that I have to say...I am done with Christmas stamping.  I have a pile of new products sitting and crying to be inked, so over the next week or two, I am hoping to get in some time to get creative with them as well as preparing my upcoming card classes and more.....
 
Hope you enjoy your day....as well as your weekend.....I'll be back soon with more sharing and maybe even a little cookie sharing!
 
Have a super Friday and Glimmer Hugs to you!
 
Have a super stampin' day!
 
Susan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments/suggestions. I appreciate you visiting and letting me know what you think! Glimmer Hugs!

Easy Fun Cards With Zany Zoo